Chinese-Forums

Best Frequent Flyer program among Asia's Airlines

Ian_Lee

Which frequent flyer program do you consider the best among Asia's airlines?

Personally I like JAL's program. You are not obliged to just redeem for another ticket. You can redeem it for JAL coupons (starting at 10,000 miles for 15,000 Yen) which you can use it for inflight purchase or dining at restaurants in NIkko Hotels worldwide.

But the best program I would say is KAL's.

First, unlike other airlines which just honor 70% of your accumulated mileage if you buy the discounted economic class fare, KAL redeems it at fully 100% (but too bad they changed the rule just this month).

Second, KAL mileage does not have expiration date. The last time I flew KAL was in 1996. And the mileage is still active in my account!

I have three frequent flyer memberships: THAI, Qantas and EVA. However, I almost always fly THAI and have only accumulated enough miles to get free flights with THAI. Good things about it are that you can change the date on any ticket purchased using your miles and it is part of the Star Alliance network meaning you can earn points on a lot of other airlines.

I like Asiamiles and Thai/Star Alliance, and have redeemed many free tickets/hotel awards from these two programmes.

Besides these two, I have joined many other frequent flyers programmes, but cannot accumulate enough mileage to get any award.

I like KAL's saloon at Incheon Airport.