Chinese-Forums

Not really a problem

Homeward

Through the skimming and at the attempt of understanding of all your brilliant (yes, it's brilliant :D ) logical sense of the chinese language at its vocab., its origin and all. One problem that I've encountered is that, one lot of you seem to use chinese simplified, then another lot would use chinese traditional.

I grew up with chinese traditional and I see simplified as a curse (thanks dad, lol) and I don't understand how you people are to cope. Isn't there a unified chinese language and structure used on this board, or is the protocol for this site ... to use whatever language you've been taught with?

I apologise if this may seem like an attack on this board and its members, it's not, so please don't hurt me.

There are no rules. People just use whichever system they prefer.

I think a good rule of etiquette when replying to other posts is to use the same system as in the original question. This is especially the case when dealing with vocabulary and grammar topics.

Isn't there a unified chinese language and structure used on this board, or is the protocol for this site ... to use whatever language you've been taught with?

I've never had a policy on whether traditional or simplified should be used. Even if you are used to one, working in the other isn't impossible - it may be annoying or tiresome, and I seem to remember someone once claiming it made them dizzy, but it's not impossible.

I appreciate it when people take the time to provide alternate versions of what they are saying (be it in Simplified, pinyin or English), and I'm sure many others do to. At the same time though, people are busy and they dont' always have the time to do it.

That's cool :mrgreen: I understand where you're all coming from. I suppose it's more practical this way. What Jose proposed, is a cool idea. Whatever format the chinese syntax the original poster is using, use that in reply to that post.