Chinese-Forums

I am changing my job. Should I renew residence permit before I go home?

shitaBIG

• New Members

I am having a job in Tangshan University and it would end soon.

And with some reasons I decide to move to Shanghai and one of the language school accepts me.

My question is can I go home( my country Japan) without updating residence permit?

I already bought air ticket and date is Dec. 28 but my residence permit due date is Jan. 31.

If I should update my residence permit then I should stay in China with no passport.

The residence permit is due to Hubey province but my new job is in Shanghai, is that make any difference?

Foreign officers are saying I can go home with no problem but you know this can be a big trouble I must be very careful.

My question is can I go home( my country Japan) without updating residence permit?

Yes, I think you can go home without updating anything. Will you be applying for a new visa while home in Japan?

Since your old job was in Hubei and your new job is in Shanghai, your new residence permit will be issued once you arrive back in Shanghai.

Must add the disclaimer that I'm not an expert in work visa matters and have not actually done this myself. My knowledge is from reading the experience of others.

• Like 1