Chinese-Forums

Made a mistake on visa application, how to proceed?

Camlon

Hello

I applied for a 60 day L visa today, but realized later that I used my old passport number in the invitation letter. On the actual visa application form I used the right number. They didn't look through my papers properly, so they overlooked it. 

What should I do about this case, I am thinking of showing up tomorrow to explain my case and show them my old passport. But I am worried they will refuse to help me.

Also, If my visa get rejected due to this mistake, can I reapply as soon as possible? Will it permanently stain my record, because I have to tick the box if I have gotten a visa rejected or not.

If anyone can give some help fast, that would be wonderful.

Are you applying from your home country? If so, just called the embassy and tell them about your mistake. Worst case scenario you will need to send in the application again. I don't think you have to worry about anything.

I have a question for you, why do you have an invitation letter? When i'm applying for L-visa in my homecountry (Sweden) thats not necessary. I just need airplane tickets, a hotel/hostel booking, travelplan and the application form.

• Like 1

Yes, I am applying from my home country. It is not possible to call them, but I can go down there. 

The reason I use an invitation letter is because I am not traveling. I am visiting my girlfriend. And I will spend my time around her. 

Edited by Camlon

The reason I don't use an invitation letter is because I am not traveling.

Now I'm confused. Did you mean to say, "The reason I use an invitation letter..."

But, getting back to your original question.

What should I do about this case, I am thinking of showing up tomorrow to explain my case and show them my old passport. But I am worried they will refuse to help me.

Yes, that's the thing to do. Make a photocopy of the information page of the old passport before you get there so you can leave it with them. Also write a short statement about how the mistake happened. Keep it very simple. Don't offer that to them unless they ask for it. Just have it ready in case they want it, since it could save you a trip.

From what country are you applying for your China visa?

• Like 2

Yes, I meant to say "The reason I use an invitation letter..."

Thanks for all the help. I went down there today and the visa officer just said "no problem!". He didn't want any photocopy or statement. So that probably won't be a problem. I am applying from the chinese embassy in Norway. I have applied for many visas before, but I have done it in Auckland, New Zealand. 

I also helped someone else down there. The old couple were going on a cruise that was traveling for more than 3 months, which causes trouble because single entry is only valid for 3 months. So I told them to get a double entry visa because it is valid for 6 months, which the visa officer confirmed.

• Like 3