Chinese-Forums

Work permit (就业许可) aka Z visa starts from here...

Goshujinchama

Hi. Trying to get a new Z visa here. Looking for someone with similar experience, just to share the pain, maybe :D

So, let's do a quick recap: I quit my job in Aug 2012. Before that I entered China with a Z visa in 2008, 2009 and 2010 (renewed in 2011). I've been back in Italy for about 10 months now. Looks like there's a company willing to hire me (before I only worked in Universities as a teacher) and that's what they asked me in order to get the work permit, (let me cut&paste it)

1、外国人护照原件 (original passport)

2、健康证明 (health certificate)

3、学历证明或所聘工作的资格证书 (study/work history certificate)
4、无犯罪证明 (criminal record certificate)
5、外国人简历 (cv)
So, looks like no.4 is a new entry. but aside that I was very surprised at no.1. I mean, the lady said all documents must be originals. I have to confess that sending my passport to China to get the work permit sounds just ludicrous to me. In the above mentioned years I sent everything via e-mail and just waited for the company to EMS the work permit/invitation letter to me so that I can go to the Visa office here and get a Z visa. I mean, I really wonder how many people go trough all this to get the Z visa, and if everyone does so how come there's so little information about that on the web (like point no.2: China has 出入境检验检疫局 hospitals that are especially appointed to do that kind of certification and just in one-stop, abroad you're supposed to go to some hospital/unit recognized by the Chinese Embassy, last time I went to the local sanitary authority I showed them the module in chinese and english the doctor was quite puzzled...)
So, well, that's it for now. If anyone has gone through a similar process, please let me know, I would like to hear your stories. 
Thanks! :D