Chinese-Forums

Cannot view chinese characters in software program

diane8284

I am trying to view chinese software on an English Windows XP Home Edition. All of my chinese software is to learn how to type chinese using the CangJie Method. However, the characters come out on top of each other or as random numbers and symbols. I have already installed Global IME Chinese Traditional and also turned on my NJStar. However, the characters still are unable to be read clearly.

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful!

It is a chinese typing tutor program I bought in Hong Kong. The issue is, I see all the Menu Bar items very well. It is the icons within the program that only show symbols instead of the actual character.

Before, other programs (ex: another chinese typing game I found on www.cjmember.com) had similar issue. However, once I downloaded NJStar Communicator, the program was fixed.

the best solution, install your system again, you can try to use windows mutil-langue version, and select the location China, define region as China PRC,soon you can run chinese and english program. once we access to website of hk or tw, you may need to download NJstar to convert simplified character to traditional. good luck

that's absolute rubbish, hipposherman. There is no need to re-install windows in order to use programs in a different language~! Moreover, making your location "China PRC" or HK doensn't do anything...and you don't need NJStar at all....if you don't know what your doing don't post messages on this forum

I actually tried changing the "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" and it worked! I changed it to Hong Kong.

However, what ended up happening is that even though my software works now, some of the symbols in my NJStar Communicator are not showing up as the characters. This happens when I click on "Other Methods" for inputting. I see the english, but the chinese turns out as symbols only.

browny

Zustimmung. Alberner Aussie. Halten Sie den Mund. Wer Hölle Sie sind? Fuck zurück Heimat. Es ist meine Drehung, um Sie zu unterrichten. Hören Sie vorsichtig zu. Narr.

To diane8284,

it's representative unicode problem,u cannot run non-unicode with english or ,chinese and thai at the same time. the OS only specify one unicode to match u program. if u wanna run chinese under english OS, u have to insert XP cd and select Chinese as unicode program and restart u PC

browny: thanks for your help!!

hippo: although i truly appreciate your help, i really find it rude and inconsiderate for you to curse at someone in german .. yes i do know how to use free translation services online...