Chinese-Forums

Has anyone here any experience from studying in Qingdao?

LiLiKe

Hi!

I am studying in Beijing at the moment but have been thinking of changing place next semester. Qingdao has caught my attention mostly because I like the position. So if anyone that has studied there could answer a few questions I would be more that happy!

1. How is the mandarin there, is it close to beijing dialect or more like the dialect spoken in the southern parts of china?

2. How is the Universities, are there any good ones that is worth recommending?

3. How is the prices in town? Are they lower than those in Shanghai and Beijing?

Thanks in advance!

/Lilike

• 1 month later...

1. How is the mandarin there, is it close to beijing dialect or more like the dialect spoken in the southern parts of china?

Answer:it's close to beijing dialect,a little local dialect.but it doesn't effect your understand

2. How is the Universities, are there any good ones that is worth recommending?

Such as Qingdao University, China Sea University

3. How is the prices in town? Are they lower than those in Shanghai and Beijing?

It's lower than beijing and shanghai.

The prices are lower and the dialect is considered to be 'standard' Mandarin. Every area of China is a bit different, but Qingdao is close enough to Beijing that it's considered standard.

I'm considering going there, myself, and have done some research. It sounds like Ocean University is the place to go. You might want to check out this guy's blog and maybe drop him a line. I asked him about his costs and it sounds really reasonable (read the comments for the current entry).

http://paulie.nomadlife.org/