Chinese-Forums

Gui Guitars

Bighead

Hi everyone, I have just moved to China and I'm a Putonghua newbie. Can anyone give me some good advice on buying electric guitars and/or special equipment?

Of course there are music shops here in Sichuan but the selection so far has been pretty dismal. I'm willing to spend a lot of cash on some high quality gear (Gibson, ESP, Fender, Korg, etc.). At the moment it seems that the only places to go are Beijing, Shanghai, or Hong Kong for good stuff. I have taken a look at the Tom Lee music website and they have the sort of thing I'm looking for but they don't indicate the prices. I am willing to travel all the way to Shanghai or Beijing but only if it's necessary.

Of course I would like to get at least a rough idea of prices before travelling so far. Is quality electronic equipment here more expensive than the states? Are there other cities that have this sort of thing? Please help me, I don't know nothing and I have found it very difficult to get reliable information. Thnx :D

From some old classifieds in Let's Rock website.

From a classified ad in Let's Rock. It's an all new Epiphone, with case, for 2200 yuans. Unclear if it is electric or acoustic. He's Sichuan. Maybe you can email this beyondhacker guy. Even if he doesn't have a guitar to sell anymore, maybe he can tell you the names of some shops. He probably knows some English, being a rock-'n-roller.

http://www.letsrnr.com/ershou/open.asp?id=213

全新EPIPHONE吉他`` (23:33:37)

琴是全新的```

带连接线``带箱子!

姓名: 白伍

交易地: 四川

OICQ: 157603444

电话: 0838 8582353

邮箱: beyondhacker@163.com

Here is a dealer in Beijing. Says the guitars are news. 3000 Yuan (US$350) for a Les Paul Standard isn't bad, right? He says he can ship it to you, but you probably shouldn't trust that.

http://www.letsrnr.com/ershou/open.asp?id=194

长期销售:

1: epiphone lespaul100 1200元

2:epiphone lespaul standard 3000 元

3:epiphone lespaul custom 4000元

4:bc-rich bodyart thefly 2300元

5 bc-rich KKV SLAYER吉他手代言 3500元

6 bc-rich bodyart JRV 3500元

全部都是新琴 有意着联系13810559010(北京) 外地邮购 邮费自理

QQ:75915893

长期经营摇滚的电吉他!!!

姓名: 赵辉

交易地: 北京

OICQ:

电话:

邮箱: korn0869@sina.com

Hey, thanks gato. A Gibson for 4000 yuan doesn't sound too shabby. Of course there are guitar shops here that can order stuff like this but I would really like to pick the guitar up and try it out before spending so much. I don't really want an epiphone. Is there anyone in Shanghai or Beijing willing to help me if I go there? Can you bargain in a shop like this?

I can read maybe three chinese characters :/