Chinese-Forums

Reentry after suicide attempt

Ckristiansen

First thing: I have never met you, but I do hope you are ok. Things can get rough for sure and I really hope they do improve for you.

On a technical side for the visa, could you provide a bit more information, especially what the official reason was that your visa was cancelled. Was the visa office aware of a suicide attempt or just the cancelled contract? What was written - if you know - in the official documentation?

If it was - officially - just a case of you having your contract cancelled, resulting in a residence permit cancellation (for this you would have needed to hand in your passport), this should not have any further effect on any future visa applications, according to what I know (though I have personally not been in that situation, so I can only comment from my understanding of the logic how Chinese visas work).

If it was not, then some details on the exact visa cancellation reasons and visa details might help other members on here to give advice.

At times, living in China as a foreigner can be an amazing love story with the country or the worst nightmare possible. It soundsl like you got too much of the second a few weeks ago. I wish you more of the first in the future. 祝:新年好!

• Like 2

"On a technical side for the visa, could you provide a bit more information, especially what the official reason was that your visa was cancelled. Was the visa office aware of a suicide attempt or just the cancelled contract? What was written - if you know - in the official documentation?

If it was - officially - just a case of you having your contract cancelled, resulting in a residence permit cancellation (for this you would have needed to hand in your passport), this should not have any further effect on any future visa applications, according to what I know (though I have personally not been in that situation, so I can only comment from my understanding of the logic how Chinese visas work)"

Hi there and thanks for the concern. I'm back in my home country now receiving proper intensive support from the medical services. I've suffered a mental breakdown which is repairable given time. The visa office is aware of the suicide attempt as the police took a photo of the text I sent my friend, who alerted the emergency services of my action and brought me to the hospital to bring me round. The contract was cancelled a few days later as the company didn't see me fit for work. I really have no idea what was written in the official documentation.  The residence permit was cancelled and they gave me an extension visa to stay temporarily to give me time to get home. Of course the passport was handed in for them to do this. I could ask my former boss for answers if she's prepared to communicate.

It depends on what was written in the file that the visa officer can access. How far this is connected to the police record, I do not know. It should have nothing to do with the province you will go to, this is a national system. The only local thing is when you register with the police office once you are in China and I have never heard of a case where that was rejected.

Also, just as a comment, your employer cannot cancel your contract because you made a suicide attempt. I assume you do not want to take them to court, but in case you did, you could and would win.

Also, would just like to know, besides what happened or may or may not be in the visa records, if the company cancels my contract, how would this affect the visa application for a new work visa from the home country? Would they require any official documentation from the former company detailing my dismissal?