Chinese-Forums

Hello (and Thankyou)

Jenivere

I've been using this forums for the last month or so to write text messages to my mum from overseas for the first time (who can read chinese but not english... while I'm the other way around). You all have been really helpful with helping me use the right "cantonese characters" instead of writing really formally or in a way that a mandrin speaker would usually use - it's really hard to find useful websites like that. Thankyou!

Today, I've been searching everywhere on what to say/write in a card to someone who have been looking after you while you are on holiday at their home. I know how to say it... (I think, hahaha) but I have no clue how to write it and, once again, the translators are coming up with formal/mandrin ways of the phrases that I want to use.

Basically, I want to write... and because my mum told me that I had to say it in that way to be polite;  " when you are free, please come visit in new zealand "

Thank you (again)!

• 2 months later...

when you are free please come and visit in new zealand

in cantonese is:當你得閒就黎新西蘭玩下啦

當(when)你(you)得閒(free)就(it is a connentive )黎(come)新西蘭(new zealand)玩下(have fun(it means come and visit, in cantonese we would say in that way and of course it is informal))啦