Chinese-Forums

microsoft input oddity

li3wei1

Maybe I'm being dense or something. When I try to type 库, I'm offered 庫 as the second most likely option, and 库 shows up as number 7. I'm using the standard pinyin input method with Windows 8.1, set for simplified characters. I plug 庫 into a dictionary and it tells me it's really 库. Is there some reason I'm being offered traditional characters? Is there something special about this character?

库 is Simplified Chinese. 
庫 is Traditional Chinese.
Both are identical (One to one identical, not one Simplified conatins two Traditional ).  Both means the store, the warehouse in most case.

As for the word sequence in the option list, they are flexible. They were set base on the popularity of each usage. But If you keep selecting the same character, the system will "learn", and bring that character forward graduately. (says, Ranking 7th might jump to ranking 5th)
I am using Window 7. But I think the PinYin would be no difference between Win7 and Win8.