Chinese-Forums

location of BLCU

woliveri

Yeah, if you can't see it on the map then the Wudaokou station is probably the nearest easily findable landmark - although if you have a map more than a couple of years old even that won't be there.

Look east of Qinghua. You can walk from BLCU to Beida in what, 20 minutes? Maybe nearer 30?

Roddy

Well, that's a 20/30 minute walk to Beida. However, BLCU is close to the light rail that takes you to Xizhimen, where you get onto the main subway line, plus there's an ever-expanding number of cafes / bars around Wudaokou, if that's your thing.

Roddy

definitely closer to thirty minute walk. It's actually on the same street as Beida's East gate (which is the end of the street) and Tsinghua's East gate (which faces south). In terms of location and access to night life, it definitely has the closest access to the Wudaokou area (assuming a tsinghua student is coming from the dorms).

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still looking for a map with the university on it, I just bought the periplus beijing map off Amazon for my trip to BLCU this summer:

Periplus Travel Maps Beijing: China Regional Maps (Periplus Travel Maps)

It has all the universities and big sites on it.... but you're probably still going to have get a real Chinese one when you get there (otherwise a taxi ride somewhere could get hairy!)

The periplus map has chinese characters for roads and such on it in addition to the university names, etc. So, it is English/Chinese (mostly). I'm a map person and looked for a while for a decent map and having been to Beijing before, i can honestly say this one is worth the $7-8 if you want to figure out where everything is before you go... (especially if you're one of those super organized and schedule-ahead people like me!!)