Chinese-Forums

ChinaSchoolGuide.com - Directory of Chinese Course Providers

roddy

ChinaSchoolGuide.com

A directory of universities in China which provide Chinese language training to foreigners. The site currently has a hundred or so universities listed from all over China (from BLCU to Tibet University), and I have another 50 or so on spreadsheet waiting to be uploaded. I'm not sure how many there will be by the time we finish, probably a few hundred.

The site currently only provides contact information - address, email, website, phone, fax. These are the direct contact details for the department dealing with foreign student applications - not general office numbers.

It's currently still developing - eventually there will be information such as fees, number of students, etc.

Should be useful to at least a few people. Suggestions and comments welcome.

Roddy

The idea is that the link will take you to the most useful page. Often the 'English' version is just an introduction with no practical info.

Most of the time the page you are taken to will have an 'English' link on.

Roddy

On reviews - the package I'm using comes with that option. However I'm not yet sure if I should be taking reviews on that site, or trying to get people to post them on here. At any rate, I'm leaving them turned off for now.

Listings - try the Chinese versions for a much more comprehensive list. Here's a case in point. The English page on the edu.cn site for Beijing lists 50. The Chinese version lists 68. For Yunnan the numbers are 8 vs 38. We've already got all the lists we need, I think, and as many of them are out of date, or not specific to foreign students they are helpful, but there's still a lot of legwork to be done on the internet and the phone (which I'm not doing myself, I hasten to add)

http://www.edu.cn/HomePage/jiao_yu_zi_yuan/college.php

• 2 weeks later...