Chinese-Forums

Planning to do my summer internship in China this year and I need some tips

hgrechko

Hello Everyone!

I've been successfully enrolled to do my internship in China in Beijing with Gi2C Group.

My China internship program will last for 3 month starting from 10th of April 2014. I'd like to get some useful tips in regards to the life in Beijing, daily costs, how to find a cheap apartment for rent, information regarding visa extension in China, interesting places to visit in Beijing and Shanghai and some other useful advises from people who have been working in China before or who have done some similar programs.

Thanks!

Henry

Welcome Henry, 

That's about half a dozen different questions, each of which could start an entire discussion - and already have, and which we'd need more info at answer (daily costs: Well what kind of lifestyle do you want? Visa extension: how long, what kind of visa, with what employer support?)

I'll recommend you do a bit of searching and figure out what you can on your own, then come back with more detailed questions for the stuff you can't work out.

When do you actually arrive in China?

• 2 weeks later...

Well my internship will start on 14th of April as i suppose. According to the Gi2C website here is my schedule:

April 2014

Thu 10th April

Arrive in Beijing or Shanghai

Fri 11th April

Orientation & Welcome Dinner

Sat 12th April

City tour

Sun 13th April

Free time to rest & explore

Mon 14th April

Company Drop-off

Wed 7th May

Leave Accommodation

Please Note: International Labor Holiday (Thu 1st May → Sun 3rd May) falls within these program dates.

Of course i can come earlier to China but in that case i will miss airport pick-up and since it will be my first time in China I don't really think that will be a good idea...

Any suggestions on that?

Henry

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like there is a lot you need to find out. Here is what I suggest, go to www.italki.com or another language social site, be friend someone who currently lives in Beijing (preferably a Chinese person) and ask away AND practice some basic Chinese all at the same time.

Good luck!