Chinese-Forums

Quoting things

Lu

I have an issue with the quoting function (and no, it's not the lack of a button :-) ). Two issues, actually, and both are a bit nitpicky I'm afraid.

1) When a post with a quote goes up, a blank line appears above the quote in the box, like this:

This is a quote!

To make it disappear, and just have the quote start right away, I need to Edit after posting, because the blank line isn't there the first time I type the post. Not sure why this line appears, but if there is no special reason for it, is it possible to not make it appear? Like this:

This is a quote!

2) Recently, quotes have been in very small font, which makes them hard to read. This can easily be amended by making the text a bigger font, but it's one extra step. Not sure if perhaps there is a reason for the small font, but if not, is it possible to make it the same size as the rest of the text automatically?

All rather 龜毛, sorry.

• Like 1

The quotes in the rich text editor (where you see the quote box, rather than

) are fiddly and can be annoying - I just now got my cursor trapped inside one and couldn't get it out. However there's no way I can start messing about with the code, the best I can say is that hopefully it'll get better with updates, and point out that the light-switch button at the top left corner will switch you into BBcode editing mode, which should allow you to sort things out a bit easier if needed. 

On the quote text size - you say recently, but I don't think we've changed anything. What I see is attached, for comparison. 

post-3-0-95920600-1393499975_thumb.png