Chinese-Forums

Translation Help

keetaec

Hallo Good People!

Sorry about the post, i didn't want to create a new post and take up space.. :oops:

trying to express myself, would be grateful if anyone could help me out (yingwen2zhongwen):

"But more doesn't necessarily means better; therefore even if my parent's generation had fewer choices and my generation has more choices, I think it's a matter of finding your own happiness with whatever choices you have."

Thank you in advance! :clap

sincerely,

keetaec

I split this into a seperate topic, it was originally posted under another translation topic.

i didn't want to create a new post and take up space.

We have unlimited space - I'd rather people used it than posting unrelated questions in an current topic.

Roddy

Consider this ->

但是多不一定等于好。所以即使我的上一代有较少的选择,而我这一代的选择较多,我想最重要的是,无论你有怎样的选择,要从中找寻你自己的幸福/快乐。

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm going to 'read' this presentation to my class tomorrow. I've been working hard (subjectively) on this piece and wanted to ask you if it's relatively correct and makes contextual and grammatical sense. Thank you in advance. :help

我们都想幸福:我父母一代平常来说不劳无获,以前他们必须努力工作支持他们的家因为大多数人的收入不高。因此我父母一代比我一代被财政有限得多,就有更少的选择。许多人花很多钱买食品,如果有假期他们只能去山岳呼吸天空湛蓝。我父母一代被不仅财政有限,而且政治还有规律地:他们的政治或者宗教的观点对生活的稳定有重要的影响。今后经济的发展和企业化,我一代可以喜欢什么就选什么。我们能通常用搜索引擎找一些资料;网上买一双鞋用信用卡;很多人给自己投人身保险并决定起诉他们的老板;暑假旅游瑞士国滑雪。不过,发展也带来了新的问题和顾虑。不论我们选择哪一个,我们都不会满意。conclusion will be added...

Keetaec

Thank you Skylee, the presentation went well.

I'm writing another "speech", but I can't seem to start it... :conf

can anyone help me say the following in chinese: "many people recognize that stability of a country has an important influence on its economic, social and political development."

Here's my version: "很多专家认为国家的稳定对它的经济,社会还政治发展有重要的影响。"

Also, i don't know how to say: "At the same time they recognize that terrorism, illegal arms sale, drug trafficing, financial and other crimes cross (go beyond) national borders and, thus, become an international concern." :help

thanks in advance....

keetaec

"At the same time they recognize that terrorism, illegal arms sale, drug trafficing, financial and other crimes cross (go beyond) national borders and, thus, become an international concern."

同时,他们也认识到恐怖主义,非法武器交易,毒品流通,经济以及其它跨国犯罪也已成为国际忧患。

people = 人 not 专家

还 cannot be used alone like that (perhaps it is a typo?). should be 还有, or 和 or 及.

"At the same time they recognize that terrorism, illegal arms sale, drug trafficking, financial and other crimes cross (go beyond) national borders and, thus, become an international concern."

consider this ->

同时,他们理解到恐怖主义、非法军备买卖、贩毒、财经和其它类型的罪行是跨越过境的,并因此成为/引起了国际的关注。 (This sentence is too long/complex for me and I don't think I (care to) understand it. :wink: )