Chinese-Forums

Bug Reports / Known Issues

admin

As far as I can tell, most things are running smoothly on the new board / server.

Somethings that may be a problem

1) Profile Information may not have been completely transferred. Please check the User CP link in the header and update accordingly.

2) Avatars were not transferred. You can use them here, you'll just have to reupload them.

3) There were a number of problems with Chinese characters. This is obviously important, and I think I managed to fix it. If you see any scrambled Chinese, please let me know (perhaps using the nice new 'Report a Post' option (red triangle with an '!' on it)

4) For reasons I don't fully understand, previously deleted pm's have been resurrected and are sitting in your inbox as we speak. If this takes you over the 50 pm limit, you'll need to delete some before you can use the pm function.

If you come across any other problems, please post here.

Roddy

I'm a total tofu-brain with computers, so forgive me if this question sounds foolish.

In the previous format, each time you logged in it was possible to see all of the latest posts since your last visit. I really like that feature. Is it here too?

Also, would it be too much trouble to include a chat room again? I haven't used it for a long time but it's good to know that I can bring a nice Chinese lass here if I get lucky.

I'll figure out the other things as time goes by, so the new format doesn't really frighten me too much.

Cheers!

Confucius

I'm a total tofu-brain with computers, so forgive me if this question sounds foolish.

In the previous format, each time you logged in it was possible to see all of the latest posts since your last visit. I really like that feature. Is it here too?

Click on "New Posts" in the middle of the bar at the top of the screen.

muskyminxx - see this re saved private messages, and let me know if there's any problem.

Chat room is a possibility for the future, but to be honest Confucius, I think it was mainly used by you and your 'lasses' so it's not a high priority for me.

An apology, by the way, for the way this transfer was done - there was little, if any warning. I was originally planning to do the transfer over the May holiday, but a test run I did went very well so I decided not to wait.

Roddy