Chinese-Forums

Subscriptions and Notifications

roddy

I'll deal with queries about the new board as they come up. Can I ask you first read the FAQ (linked in the header) and if that doesn't answer your question post in here. Unless you are sure it is something specific to you, please don't pm me - post in here as there are probably plenty of people with the same issue.

On the old phpBB board you could choose to get an email notification every time there was a post in a topic you were 'watching'.

On this board things are slightly different. When you post in a thread, there is a 'Thread Subscription' option under 'Additional options'.

You can choose 'no email notification' - this means you will get no email, but the thread will be listed in your 'subscribed threads' list here (you'll need to be logged in) so you can find it again easily.

Choosing 'Do not subscribe' means you get no email, and it will not be listed in your 'subscribed list' page.

There are three options for email notification - immediate, daily and weekly. Choose the most appropriate.

You can also subscribe to a thread without posting - Under the menu 'Thread Tools', click 'Subscribe to this thread'.

You can unsubscribe to a thread in the same way, or via your subscriptions page.

You can choose a default subscription method on your Options Page, under Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Roddy