Chinese-Forums

Chinese University English students looking for Language partners

Frederickfive

Hi,

I am teaching English at a Chinese University called Qufu Normal University in Shandong province and I have over 60 students looking for Language partners. The problem is that there are no native English speakers here for students to talk to. If you are interested in a language exchange, which would could consist of emailing or video chatting, you can send me a personal message with an email that I can give to one of my students to contact you, or if that's not possible I guess you can post contact information in the group.  

I really hope you can take advantage of this opportunity to really improve your Chinese!

Thanks,

FrederickFive!

EDIT: You can contact me at mtatkow21@gmail.com.  Hope you get this in time!

Edited by Frederickfive

We don't usually post language exchange requests, but 60 at once seems like reasonably good value. If anyone wants a language exchange partner get in touch with Fredrick and you can all post here about how effective it's been in a few months...

I am new to this forum and trying to email frederickfive, how do I do that?  I may be interested in doing a language exchange.  I would be happy to help with English video messages if the other person could do Chinese video message for my elementary age children who speak Mandarin. 

Hi, I'm also a new member (this is my 2nd post) who can't send pms yet.  I am a native English speaker who has been learning Chinese for about a year, and would also like a language exchange partner.  I do this once a week irl, so I have some experience at it.  Please send me a p.m. telling me how to proceed.  Thanks!

edit: I see this is your first post too, so you can't send pms either. :)  (Kind of a silly restriction, no?), so please let us know how we can get in touch!

• 2 months later...
Hey, how did everyone get on with their language exchange partners? Fredrick, did you get many responses?

Frederick never directly responded to me, but a girl did contact me (after quite awhile).  I talked to her briefly on Skype, but we regularly communicate via Wechat.  Language exchange went and continues to be great.  :)  If you have anymore students Frederick, you can refer them to me.  

Frederick hook us up with lot's smart college girls! Haha, it's funny but true.

I meetup once a week. I have some material I prepared to teach English, but they are very advance so we mainly select a topic and talk about it for a while with the help of a dictionary.

My Mandarin is going good, when I make mistakes they quickly repeat what I'm trying to say (even when I don't make mistakes, just to reassure that I'm actually saying what I'm trying to say). Frederick might be busy, but his students are always eager to practice. If you now a little bit of Mandarin, they'll treat you like a rockstar =-p

Hey Adamnhms how's your Mandarin? Maybe we can do a collaboration one of these days. Chances are we now the same people from Frederick's University

=-)

• 3 months later...