Chinese-Forums

Best phone or tablet for Pleco

li3wei1

Liwei, did you end up making a purchase? How are you getting on with it?

Not yet, I am very slow when it comes to spending money. I think it will happen soon, though, I keep thinking, "If only I had a phone with flashcards on me right now, I could nail down a few more characters while I'm waiting for this train."

• Like 1

I recently lost my iPhone and to avoid the costly replacement (in China) I went for the 2000 元 Xiaomi 3 (小米3) - can confirm that this is a very good phone and runs Pleco well. Only gripe is the screen size (larger) takes some getting used to for one-handed use.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's losing sleep over it, I've now acquired a Motorola Moto-G, and bought the professional bundle. Happy playing with the flashcards, and it will be handy having the dictionary available when I'm on the road with a book.

I am considering to buy the onyx boox t68 device for using with pleco, it has e ink screen and supports android 4.0, and as I heard they are working on 4.4 even, no idea when the update comes out though. I just wish I could try it out before buying, but I havent seen it anywhere in BJ.