Chinese-Forums

Entry date confusion

Saxondale

I'm currently in the process of applying for my z-visa and the company i'm working for has stated in the supporting documents that i plan on entering on the 21st, so i've put the same date on my visa application, although i actually want to leave a little earlier. 

From what i remember with previous visas (L, F, X), my visa was valid from the moment it was issued (i think).  Since the company i'm working for has stated a specific date for my entry, will this stop me from entering slightly earlier?

Thanks

I didn't apply for a Z visa yet (even if I hope I'll get a chance), anyway I can confirm that about tourism and student visa it is possible to ask a few days before and after the period written in the invitation letter. I believe this also applies to Z visa requests. When I asked the consulate, I've been told that up to 10, max 15 extra days it is fine. If you want to be sure you can call your nearest Chinese embassy/consulate and ask them directly. Each case is examined individually and they won't tell you by phone whether your visa application will be granted or not but you can ask a general question and they will tell you what they usually do, so you can decide. That's what I did when I needed info.

From what i remember with previous visas (L, F, X), my visa was valid from the moment it was issued (i think).

Yes, you are right. The visa has and "enter before" date, but you can use it earlier, any time after it is issued.

• Like 1