Chinese-Forums

HSK4 vocabulary in sentences (or HSK5 and 6)

Wuka

Hello everyone! Im new here, this is my first post :) Im looking for materials or sites, where I can find vocabulary used in HSK4 (or all HSK levels vocabulary), because I hate books and Im learning my own way! I would really appreciate ANY help!

Lukasz from Poland :)

• Like 1

www.hskhsk.com

You can download hsk tests online too at chinesetest.cn

You should try to at least find some "texts" to read though, to put the HSK 4 words into a wider context. Gives a better all round understanding and, I at least find reading a small text about a topic more interesting than various unrelated sentences.

I can recommend this series of books for hsk

http://www.amazon.cn/北大版专业通用汉语教材•汉语新天地-大学汉语教程1-柯玲/dp/B0095ORFP0/ref=pd_ybh_4

I use level 2 for hsk5 but my friend is using level 1 to study for the HSK4. We both like them alot.

Wuka,

I don't know if you use flashcards, but there are good pre-made HSK lists for Memrise, Anki, Pleco, or Skritter.

The last two links are from the hskhsk site that ChTTay recommended.  (Note that Pleco and Skritter are not free.)

You can also take self-assessments and mock tests at the the Confucious Institute's website.  (In addition to the downloadable tests from chinesetest.cn.)

"I'm look for vocabulary and sentences..."

As someone just mentioned, ANKI has decks pre-made you can download with the words and sentences.

Personally, I would make my own flashcards and find my own sentences.

You can use a decent dictionary as well as using something like yellowbridge / nciku (both online dictionaries with a separate "example sections) to find what you need.

If you don't want to make flashcards, then what do you want exactly?!!!? Just HSK words with sentences? Then you just need a list of HSK words and go look up sentences yourself. Easy.

If you are looking for a textbook which has example sentences and uses pretty much all of the HSK vocab, then I refer you back to my original advice above in my first post.

There is also this Anki deck made of all the Tatoeba Chinese sentences with audio. I think the characters are only in simplified, but there's also pinyin and English...

The problem is the audio doesn't work out of the box like it should. You can, however download the audio from post #30 here.

Download the file, unzip it, open it, open the next folder and I think you find all of the mp3 files. Just copy and paste all of them into the media folder of your Anki deck. For some reason, there are about 30 extra sound files, but these are easily taken care of with the "check media" tool.

I haven't used them myself but for a few minutes - some seem to be good, a few seem to be cut off or slightly different, but these are all pretty obvious so you can delete these ones...

Although I don't uses these, one of the advantages of these over a dictionary, is that, I feel like if someone is not only going to the trouble to write the translations, but then record them and actually say them out loud, a native speaker isn't going to record anything that isn't correct... I would think at least...

The audio for these sentences, as far as I can tell, are all recorded by a real person, who is also a native speaker...