Chinese-Forums

Help with translating and checking grammar of 3 sentences

limyee

How to translate these phrase 1 and please tell me if phrase 2 and 3 are correct?

1. This looks like gold cracks.

2. Keep dabbing. - 保持扑。

3. Apply transparent nail polish. - 涂透明色指甲油。

ミ★ 谢谢

I'm sorry I don't know how to translate the first sentence. When will you speak that sentence? Maybe I will know the Chinese sentence base on the tone and context. :)

I think the second one may be 保持轻拍.

The third one is right. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the shorter the sentence, the more difficult to translate, because there isn't much context.

it is especially difficult when you are asking for a word that might have a different translation depending on the jargon, i.e., painting or medicine or nail polish (which could all "dab"). They might all use the same word, or they might use different ones, but unless you find someone with expertise in that jargon, we won't be able to help.

"dabbing" could be 沾着 (although that is more "dipping" than "dabbing")

it could also be 涂着

撒 or 洒 are more sprinkling, so those probably don't work.

Also, for "cracks of gold", do you mean like veins or threads of gold in a gold-bearing stone?

If so, I can't remember for sure, but I think 金脉 is something I've heard before.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the shorter the sentence, the more difficult to translate, because there isn't much context.

it is especially difficult when you are asking for a word that might have a different translation depending on the jargon, i.e., painting or medicine or nail polish (which could all "dab"). They might all use the same word, or they might use different ones, but unless you find someone with expertise in that jargon, we won't be able to help.

"dabbing" could be 沾着 (although that is more "dipping" than "dabbing")

it could also be 涂着

撒 or 洒 are more sprinkling, so those probably don't work.

Also, for "cracks of gold", do you mean like veins or threads of gold in a gold-bearing stone?

If so, I can't remember for sure, but I think 金脉 is something I've heard before.[ /quote ]

I see, I am sorry. Let me explain the sentences more.

1. This looks like gold cracks. -  this sentence is describing that the object (cup) has gold like cracks on it. The cracks are like the ones on items painted gold and has scratches on the paint because of wearing out. The cracks also looks like those veins of gold in gold bearing stones too.

2. Keep dabbing. - Dabbing like patting the object with some glitter from a cotton swab. Technically it is not sprinkling..