Chinese-Forums

Comments on Confucius International School, Qingdao

Red Dragon

• New Members

Hello forum. I am a brand new poster here, but I noticed this seems like a good forum with useful information.

I recently agreed to a position with Confucius International School Qingdao. I was wondering if anyone can comment specifically on the school and also about Qingdao in general. This will be my first time in China!

Though my contract doesn't begin until August, I'm looking around at apartments online to see what my options are. Does anyone have any useful realtor sites? I've come across a few, but they generally post the same units. Will 3000 RMB afford a decent living apartment?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

I got a brochure from them a few weeks ago. Seems like a typical international school, don't know how well regarded it is, but it seems legit. The Campus is pretty far out next to the Laoshan campus of Ocean University, so you will probably have to commute, since there is not much in terms of housing in that area (yet). It's a nice campus, but nothing happening in the vicinity. That being said, 3000 RMB for housing should be more than enough to rent a nice apartment in the more densely populated part of Laoshan. Downtown Qingdao is around 25 minutes away by cab, and around one hour by bus with good traffic conditions.