Chinese-Forums

Visa for wife

slomski007

If you get a Z visa, your wife can get a S1 visa (a visa for joining a relative who works or studies in China for a long term (where long term means over 180 days).

I think that with that visa, your wife wouldn't be able to work legally. She'd need a Z visa too if she wants to work, I think.

If you get a business visa I'm not sure whether your wife can ask for a S1 visa or not, rules don't specify that, you should contact the embassy directly for asking that. Also be aware that if you get a business visa you wouldn't be able to legally "work" either. M visa is for commercial activities but not for "working" there. It's better if you get a Z visa.

I also can tell you that in order to get S1 visa, your wife will probably need an invitation letter from you, a proof that you two are married, a proof that you are working in China and the contract of rental or purchase of your apartment in China (where you would host your wife).

Good luck!

• Like 2

Your wife will not be allowed to work on a S-Visa.

About the marriage license: Might in many cases not make a difference but do you know @mouseneb if it has to be the consulate in your home country or the consulate in the country where you have married?

I heard about people who had to make a few extra runs because it was not approved in the right place or any other problem.

• Like 1

Good point. For me home country and country of marriage were the same. I'd guess in the case they were different you would need the document approved by the Chinese consulate in the country of marriage. Could anyone who has done this confirm?