Chinese-Forums

I need help with the words

ariano

I cant belive i found this forum, i have been looking for help for so long time.

I have been wanting to make a tattoo for 2 years now but i never knew who i can trust,beacuse i whant to make 4 words in chineese.

I would appriciate if anyone could translate these english words for me.

Faith

Hope

Strenght

Courage 

Please help me i whant the chineese symbols for this. 

It is not just as easy as having a list of English words and wanting the characters for them.

For example faith is xin ren 信任. it does just mean faith but to mean faithful as in he is a faithful friend you would need zhong cheng de 忠诚的.

So if you just want a list of words tattooed on you, it won't really mean exactly what you think.

If this is what you want I will try and find find them for but it might be better to rethink what you want.

Remember just because it is in Chinese doesn't impart any kind of special power or magic to the words.

Think carefully because no one will be able to read it if they don't speak Chinese so people will always be asking "what does that say?" if you are doing it because you think that it will be "private" it will not be to the millions of people who read Chinese..

Always think before you ink and then think again and again.

• Like 1

Faith

Hope

Strenght

Courage

Also bear in mind that even if you get translations that you are happy with, do you trust the tattoo artist to get the strokes correct.  If someone is not well versed with Chinese writing they are likely to make mistakes.  Case in point, you wouldn't want some one to accidentally end up tattooing 'Strenght' instead of 'Strength'.

Do you trust someone who doesn't speak the language and who can't write the language not to make a small slip up like that when tattooing you.  We see examples all the time on here.  You might also find hanzismatter interesting

• Like 1

I have been looking around here now for a while and even tho i whant the tattoo so bad for a long time, i will not do it in chinese.

You guys have good points and i thank you for that.

The tattoo is important to me so i dont whant it to be wrong.

THANK YOU 

• Like 4