Chinese-Forums

Is my tattoo gibberish/incorrect?

Ama

• New Members

Hi everyone, I was hoping to learn the truth behind my tattoo that I got when I was *gulp* 16. At the time it was perfect! It's suppose to be destiny, strength, peace, love.I picked these from a Chinese dictionary my mom gave me when I was young. But after learning Japanese three years later I started to realize my tattoo may not be what I thought it'd be. The tattoo was totally spur of the moment and obviously illegal! I'm hoping to find out if with these symbols together, does it create something completely different than what I had imagined.....

30278_130100923683795_7641856_n.jpg

It looks nice.

You could stretch the meanings of the first three characters to match what is in your mind. What else can you do anyway? They are not very far ... the first two are closer to what you wanted them for, the third character in itself means more like "harmony", which is still good (but you can also interpret it as peace, as in peace talks). At least the one for love is 100% correct.

You didn't get the meanings wrong, although I initially read it as 命力 和 爱 'life-power and love'. So it's slightly confusing to read, but not incorrect, and it doesn't say anything weird. The calligraphy is nice too.

• New Members

Thank you for the replys! This definitely makes feel alot better. I have kept my back completely covered since I started doubting it's meaning for fear that it's be something strange haha. Now I won't feel too weird when it's time to go out and swim for summer. Thank you.