Chinese-Forums

Legal/Human Rights/NGO opps for fresh graduate?

elisexlee

I realize the chances of finding jobs/internships in the legal/human rights field in China is slim but I was wondering if anyone knew of any organizations or companies in Shanghai or even in China in general? Googling with the above keywords don't help. If anyone knows of any specific names I could start researching with, that would be greatly appreciated.

I just finished undergrad and am very interested in pursuing my passion for law while continuing to immerse myself in Chinese studies. I studied at Fudan for a summer and fell in love with Shanghai; I would love to return. Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

An older version of the CDB website, which seems to no longer exist, had an article of advice for people on your position. I think the most important point is that NGOs are inundated with people who want to do internships, and just saying "Hey, I want to intern with you" isn't likely to work. You need to research the organisation, come up with a proposal that will be useful for them and not require much in the way of their resources, then pitch it to them.

Also, this recent post on an internship program at BNU may be useful?

• Like 1