Jump to content
  • Sign Up

From Study R.Permit to Study R.Permit - Gap in The Middle

Alex Whiteman

Recommended Posts

New visa rules and everything. . .

I'm on a student residence permit and I'm switching unis over the summer.

My residence permit is on city A and expires at the end of July. My classes in city B start in September.

Both universities want me to pay for a summer course in order to have them help me solve that August permit-gap.

I'm not too keen on doing the courses as it leaves me no time for other things I want to get done over the summer; particularly the one in city B. 

My questions are:

- If I choose to stay in city A and do the summer course there, what kind of passport visa/permit can I get? I'm afraid they'll just give me a one month tourist visa since they don't care about me having to go to a different uni in September.
I'm not counting at all on the person in charge of this at my current uni; if something can go wrong, it will go wrong. So the only way to go down this road is if the current rules stipulate something convenient for me in my current situation.

- Can I just go get an extra month in China visa/permit wise by myself and without having to leave the country?

- My health check certificate expired long ago. Do I need a new one at any point doing any of the above?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...