Chinese-Forums

Where to find 崔健 (Cui Jian) recordings ?

Kamille

It's been a while I'm looking for his recordings. I mean, I know I can listen to some of his songs on youtube, but I'd like to have an album. Today I went to a second hand CD shop and they told me they almost never get CD's of him. Google hasn't been helping either.
Thus I'm asking here for help. Does anyone know where to find him on the internet? Preferably 一無所有 or any best-of.

If there is a Chinatown near you, you could try a CD shop there. CD shops in China itself should also have them, but I'm assuming you're not in China at the moment. Amazon.cn appears to have CD's of his, so if you know someone in China you can ask them to order them for you.

I tried scoff's first link and got this message: "抱歉,此歌曲只限中国内地地区内下载". Btw I'm in Taiwan. And I forgot to mention I am poor (thus the second hand shop and google).

In that case I would keep looking at the second-hand shops in case something shows up, and also consider saving up a little money and just buying it new. (Most money I ever spent on a CD in China was on a Cui Jian CD, I couldn't find it pirated anywhere so ended up buying a real one before leaving. 70 kuai!) I suppose you can also try keeping an eye out for pirate music sellers, but they might not have Cui Jian even if you want to go that route. Or ask around if anyone is going to China, perhaps over the summer holidays?

I'm in the US and can stream music from the two links I posted above but only VIP members can download songs.

Registration is free, so maybe registering would allow you to listen even in Taiwan.

edit: after a bit of research it seems that 虾米 and a few other similar services have recently become unavailable in Taiwan. Sorry.