Chinese-Forums

BNU application

qwedsazxc

BNU seems to want a lot more materials with the application compared to other places I have looked at. According to http://www.bnulxsh.com/jieshao/BNU%20Brochure-en.html they want my college diploma, a college transcript and a recommendation letter. I had a Chinese friend call there the other day to ask a few questions, and the BNU person said they want a real diploma, not a photocopy. Has anyone applied to BNU before? What did you send with your app?

Thanks.

When I sent in my materials (for grad school application at BNU), I gave them an official transcript and a photocopy of my diploma. I also sent a note explaining that (a) "Diploma awarded" printed on the transcript is usually sufficient to prove that a diploma has, in fact, been awarded, and (B) the original diploma was oversized and I wasn't comfortable risking getting it damaged in the mail. I also mentioned that if they had any problems, they were free to contact my former university directly.

They didn't say anything about it, and since they accepted me, I figure that it probably was not a problem.

Good luck!