Chinese-Forums

Getting RP with a new passport!

Maksudjan

Dear all,

I am in need of your help and advises. Currently i hold dual citizenship of Russia Federation and Tajikistan. Recently i got offer letter and JW202 form from Nottingham University Ningbo Campus, where JW202 form was based on my Russian passport. When i went to Embassy of China in Tajikistan, they have told me that they cant issue X1 visa into my Russian passport, however they can grant it to my Tajikistan passport even though JW202 form is issued base on Russian passport. I have a question to you guys. Wont be there any problems while converting X1 visa into Residence Permit with the visa in Tajikistan passport while JW202 form was granted base on Russian? Guys please if you had similar experience or have enough knowledge of it please share it with me :)

Thank you in advance,

Maks

• 2 weeks later...

This guy was in a similar situation - had a new passport, rather than a different one. 

You've maybe already done it now, but I'd try again to get the embassy to put the visa in your Russian passport. If they refuse, take it in the other passport and I think it won't be a problem. 

Any other advice from anyone?

Roddy,

Thanks for your reply, however i have insisted to issue me visa into my Tajik Passport and they were ok with it. Moreover i asked my university regarding this case and they could sort out thing after my arrival. So by now the problem has been solved! 

Btw forum gave me a lot of useful understanding regarding Visa Issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Minor mistake in name spelling on my Offer letter from University. It is written as MAKSUDZHON on Offer letter, while in my passport it is written as MAXUDZHON.

Will it somehow affect visa approval?

Thanks in advance,

Maks

It really depends on the particular embassy. If it's a common issue and the 2 spellings are well known as interchangeable, they may accept it.

The embassy is the only one who can really answer this question accurately.

If they give you the visa, I don't think it should give you any problems in the future after that, but it's really just up to the embassy, their rules, the staff member handling it, the mood of the staff member that day.

I'd give them a phone call, or just visit them if they're local.

This might or might not be a problem, but if at all possible, I would contact the university and ask them to either send you a new, correct, invitation letter, or a letter stating that the Maksudzhon in their letter is the same person as the Maxudzhon in your passport. Either letter should have an official stamp.