Chinese-Forums

Portal

roddy

I'm now including small amounts of content from other sites on the portal - currently showing you the latest pictures from Signese.com and the 4 newest words added to the Adsotrans.com database. More suggestions welcome.

At some point in the near future, I'm going to set the portal as the forums homepage. This means if you go to chinese-forums.com, or chinese-forums.com/index.php you will get the portal. The current front page will become chinese-forums.com/forums.php, and if you prefer that view you can simply set your bookmarks accordingly.

Roddy

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a slight bug with the way threads are excerpted on the portal view - if the excerpt ends within a "Quote" block, the block is not terminated, and extends to include all of the subsequent thread excerpts on the page.

No functionality is lost, but it looks a little weird. I don't know how many people will start their threads with a Quote, though, so it's probably not too crucial.

I spotted that yesterday. Was making quite a mess of things, so I've made a few changes to stop it happening again, and will try to implement a real fix soonish.

Thanks for the post

Roddy