Chinese-Forums

Where to watch the World Cup in Beijing?

zhouhaochen

Obviously it will be shown all over town and on the sports channel (CCTV 5). If I really stay up to watch matches (in case anyone wonders when the games are at local China time, check here https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/football/world-cup/schedule/) I would like to see it with fans from the country actually playing the game. Anyone knows where to find the different nationalities watching in Beijing?

I know the Germans will be in Lugas Villa in Sanlitun, the English in the Irish Pub's but that's about it.

Anyone plugged into the Cameroonian, Brazilian etc. communities in Beijing who cares to share?

Most cable TV services in China provide playback functions in case people don't want to stay up all night to see the games.  Usually "standard definition" playbacks are available for programs within the last week, and "high definition" available for the last two days.  

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching any games? 

Think the last World Cup I watched a game at Paddy O'Sheas on Dongzhimen Wai. Won a 100Y bet after cunningly wording it so that I won on a draw ("You're not going to win. Bet you 100Y you don't win"), then went for two breakfasts.

Yes, Sanlitun was crazy last night. I went home after the Germany game when the Algerians just started to pour in at 3am.

I would still love to know where all the Brazilians will go for the early Sunday morning game against Chile. Ideas anyone?

• 1 month later...