Chinese-Forums

Chinese Visa (from Kyrgyzstan to Beijing)

ssophiee88

• New Members
Hey,

Me and my friend are going to travel from Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) to Beijing (China). In 3 weeks we will go.

We have booked our trip completely: flight, hostels, train trip, etc. And almost got our visa, but.... now we got a message back that we first need an invitation letter, for the area Xinjiang (area in China near the border of Kyrgyzstan), and then we get our visa for China. We've asked tour agencies for an invitation letter, but it didn't worked out...

It's kind of hard to get a visa... We only have 2 weeks left to organize how to get a visa. We hope you can help us!

At this moment we are thinking of booking a dummy flight, from Kyrgyzstan to a big city in China. So we don't go to the area Xinjiang and we don't need an invitation letter to get a visa for China. Is there anybody who ever has booked a dummy flight? How do we organize this?? Is it possible to book a flight without paying it yet and then cancel the flight? Or are there agencies where we can book a 'fake-flight'?

We really hope somebody can help us! 

Thanks a lot,

Sophie

• Like 1

Did you already check whether you can cross the border without invitation/permit for Xinjiang? I can imagine rules have recently changed due to the high profile incidents recently. If you get with the visa to the border and are turned away due to lack of a permit you may have a bigger problem.

I don't think you can book a 'fake flight' without getting into dodgy territory. I guess the way to go is book a real flight with relaxed cancellation policy. Not sure about low budget flights between Bishkek and China, if these are available they might be a better option as such a flight may be a good back-up in case of border trouble.

Hope you report back on how it works out for you as I've been considering a cheap flight to Bishkek for a visit of West China. What nationality do you have?

• Like 1