Chinese-Forums

Mandaread new Android and iOS versions

Shelley

I don't know if any one here uses Mandaread, I have found it really good for building my confidence in reading.

They have wide variety of articles, short stories and books to read with varying degrees of help.

They have just released new Android and iOS versions and I just wanted to let people know.

Go have a look here http://mandaread.com/

See what you think.

• Like 2

I think I saw someone recommending Mandaread already in the past but I forgot about it. I just checked the website and unless it isn't updated, it seems the Android version isn't ready yet.

Can you say something more about Mandaread? Is it free or not? How is the mobile version? How do you use it? Do you use Pleco reader if you don't know some words or it has a builtin dictionary?

I received an email today with this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mandaread.Mandaread

I went there and downloaded it.

It has its own built in dictionary and loads of other useful stuff. It allows you to choose the amount of pinyin that shows depending on your reading level.

There are lots of different subjects to choose from and what they call courses which are short related texts increasing in difficulty.

I recommend looking at the web based version online to see what there is to offer.

It is free, you just need to register so it can keep track of your progress and keep you informed with updates and new stuff (that's how i found out).

it is well worth a look. I haven't had time to thoroughly investigate the mobile version yet but the screen shots look good, and if it is anything like the website it should work well.

@miaomiao I didn't say it was better than a pop dictionary.

The good thing about it is the selection of articles, stories etc that have been sorted according to difficulty.

There is also the ability to have as much or as little pinyin showing as you feel you need.

It is quite different from a pop up dictionary.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice feedback!

Unfortunately, we don't support Traditional characters yet. If we get enough users for the current version, it's on our list for things to do.

Both iOS and Android are ready since a couple of weeks. Search for Mandaread in the iOS store or on Google Play, and let us know what you think about it on Twitter (@mandareadcom) or through email support@mandaread.com.