Chinese-Forums

Project Based Chinese Learning

dustinmattison

I am a teacher at a college in China. My professional interest is in creating a learning community for American and Chinese students to work on projects together. One idea I have for a project would be to write a movie pitch. https://nwp.makes.org/thimble/make-a-movie-pitch Teams of Chinese and American students (college age or above) come up with a movie idea -- then create a web pages that "sells" it to Hollywood executives.

One aspect of the community is to conduct language exchanges online between American and Chinese students. 

Rather than just talk, I want to organize real projects where students both practice their language and cross cultural skills. 

Does anyone know any teachers in the US who may have an interest in collaborating with me on this project? Do you know anyone interested in finding Chinese language exchange partners? We will do language exchange sessions over Skype, Webex or other tools. 

I am looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Dustin