Chinese-Forums

Starting to learn

wmac

Hello,

I am sorry if you have seen such a thread many times here. I wish I can get my answers despite this.

I am very interested in studying in china for my masters (in fact I prefer china to a country like france or germany. Though I have finished my german course I am ready to learn chineese if I know I will be able to learn it quickly enough to be able to start the course as soon as possible.This is because I live in mid-east and culture of china is much much near to mine than europeans and as I bring my wife with me it is perhaps better for us.)

Also Study in china is very cheap in comparison to europe (and even india). Though I can g to india the health system etc is terrible there and I can not risk my and my wife's health in India (some of my friends have gone there and say terrible stories.)

1- How much will it take me to learn enough chineese to be able to study in Electronics or Computer science? (estimate is enough)

I will either go to a chineese university for language course or start it here first and then go there.

2- If I want to start from ZERO , then is there any free/cheap online book/resource?

3- Would someone please suggest some cheaper( for foregners but also good quality masters courses ) universities to me? I am looking into Harbin Uni at the time being.

Regards,

Mac