Chinese-Forums

Getting my visa in 3 hours.

JAmesJones

Hey guys I am getting my visa in 3 hours, I see in the application form it says. Do you have a criminal record. well I urinated in public once. got a ticket for it. So I should write yes? and would this stop me from going to china/getting a job there?

Do you know anyone who was in the same situation as me?

Hey guys I am getting my visa in 3 hours,

Probably should rephrase that as "I am applying for my visa in 3 hours." 

Why?

China has a zero-tolerance policy regarding convicted public urinators. No way will they grant your visa request with such a black mark in your history.

• Like 2

China has a zero-tolerance policy regarding convicted public urinators. No way will they grant your visa request with such a black mark in your history.

seriously? I always see people taking a leak outside. I thought it was totally normal in China.

You don't mention in what country you got that ticket so I can't tell 100% certain how serious that is, but generally a ticket does not give you a criminal record. I got a ticket once for biking where I shouldn't and never had trouble getting visa.

Ok I found out with my lawyer friend! It is actually just a provintial thing, it doesn't show up on bacground check. I'm safe. I AM SAFE. I Will keep you guys updated when I get my VISA BABY. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHINESE LADIES GET READY FOR THE JJ.

• Like 1

Such a diverse forum we have here. All kinds of students with all kinds of interests.

OP, make sure you don't blog about your adventures with ladies, that doesn't go over well.

• Like 4

I think it's going to depend a great deal on where a person is when they get caught urinating in public. I don't believe that the Chinese care about that, I saw a few adults urinating in public and countless children. But, what would almost certainly be a serious issue is if you had been written up for indecent exposure and placed on the sex-offenders registry like they like to do in the US.

A ticket, is probably not going to be an issue if it's not on your criminal record and even if you did declare it with an explanatory note, I would be surprised if they cared. Now, obviously, I'm not an attorney and I'm not Canadian, so I'm not sure how that gets written up. But, if you weren't taken downtown and put before a judge, I wouldn't personally bother to report it as I don't believe a ticket represents a criminal record.

@Demonic, if you ask most women around here, they'd probably do it. Why it is that you'd want to see their husbands is beyond me, but a lot of women seem to think that men are boobs.

Not that I personally agree with the whole idea that way of viewing men.