Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
roddy

Short-notice London Meetup July 24th

Shelley

There might not be 4 in London but I am sure there is more than 4 in the UK :)

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

ChTTay

I reckon UK might beat Beijing on this!

geraldc

Pencil can now be inked in. So what's the plan? Shall I search the green spaces or the pub tables?

Yang Chuanzhang

Russell Square from 6pm onwards. I'll bring my picnic blanket, but I might arrive a bit later, depending on when I get off work.

roddy

Tomorrow's meant to be a very sunny day, so I guess we'll be in the park.

I'll get there about 6 and will sit on the grass between the central fountain and the cafe. Will pm my phone number to anyone who's expressed an interest today or tomorrow (edit - sent, let me know if I missed you), and will try to bring some identifying item of clothing (ooh, excuse to wear my bright lime-green T-shirt everyone hates...?) or something. Will let you know what that is when I've determined tomorrow's wardrobe. 

Bring whatever you want to eat and drink. There's a Tesco Express and a Pret opposite Russell Square tube, Waitrose at the Brunswick Center, Sainsburies on Southampton Row as well as loads of other places.

realmayo

Excellent, I must remember my sun hat....! Should be there around 6.

roddy

If you see Google Maps, I'll be somewhere close to that location marker. 

roddy

Scorchio! Bring spare sun hats, realmayo!

We have me, realmayo, geraldc and Yang Chuanzang confirmed, which is four. We need one more attendee to show those Beijing boasters where the real action is. I'll buy ice cream!

roddy

Oh, and all my distinctive items of clothing were in the wash, so I'm in a bland short-sleeved blue shirt. Dark hair, glasses.

roddy

I'm here! About halfway between fountain and cafe, as this is where the sun was. Waitrose bag full of snacks, come help me eat 'em.

geraldc

Very nice meeting you all! Came away with a lot of ideas. 

roddy

Very enjoyable evening. Shame none of the maybes made it, but the four of us hung out on the grass in Russell Square until they kicked us out at 10pm. I think we could get more people along if more notice was given, but as I'm heading north to make my contribution to the founding of the People's Republic of Scotland, we'll need someone else to take the lead. However I'm sure one of last night's attendees will step forward any... minute... now

I did intend to take a photo or two, but it got dark. 

roddy

Yep, left to right that's Yang Chuangzhang, myself, Realmayo and Geraldc.

renzhe

I'm heading north to make my contribution to the founding of the People's Republic of Scotland

You're going back to Scotland? I'll be there next week!

• Like 1

roddy

Man, I was hoping to have a week or two off before having to meet any of you jokers again. Will send you a pm. 

imron

Sneaky ninjas timing visits to coincide with when various admin staff will be in town.

@renzhe I expect a full report for how Chinese restaurants in Scotland compare with Melbourne.

renzhe

Ninjas are supposed to be sneaky pfffft :P

Yang Chuanzhang

Very nice to meet you all!

We should have another meetup sometime later this year.

roddy

I'm pleased to announce that Renzhe and myself were able to have a supplementary London (North) brunch meet-up here in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago while he was passing through, and very good fun it was too. Adding this to the London (Central) attendance figures this gives us a total attendance figure across the London (Total) meet-up of 7 (not counting myself twice, as that would be cheating, but including girlfriends)

Sorry Beijing, but you lost.