Chinese-Forums

Where to buy sheet music in Beijing?

letpra

• New Members

I'm looking for classical sheet music for the piano or violin. I stopped by the TT-art store by the Central Conservatory of Music, but was somewhat disappointed by the selection. Where else can I look for sheet music - perhaps there are more such stores in the Conservatory area, or maybe Haidian/Wangfujing?

I asked a friend who plays piano and she said she would go to the Wangfujing book store or the Xinhua book store at Xidan. I did a quick search and found the sheet music site of Wangfujing book store, it's all in Chinese though:

http://www.wfjsd.com/class.asp?lx=small&anid=03&nid=0303040000&Page=1

It seems to be the list of available books.

Another site is the result from searching "piano" in the online shop of Xinhua book store at 北京图书大厦. There seem to be many choices, but still all in Chinese:

http://www.bjbb.com/searchlistls.aspx?level=1&name=%e9%92%a2%e7%90%b4&ext=1086

To be honest, Taobao or Amazon.cn - if something isn't on there, I'm not sure you'll find it in the shops very easily. But I'd second the Xidan and Wangfujing recommendations from Zhangjiang. Both these stores are enormous and are a good bet. I once spent half a day going through music stores trying to find a mouth organ. Eventually bought one in the Wangfujing bookstore.