Chinese-Forums

China with a 2 year old

lusherin

Hi everyone

My husband and I are keen to experience all that is China, so we've decided to teach english for a year, starting in 2006. We will have our then 2 year old daughter with us, and in our (possibly delusional) minds, we imagine that we will both be able to work in the same school, live in the same rent free apartment, and secure the services of a friendly, honest, and all round wonderful Nanny with at least a passable level of English. We don't have any particular place in mind, though I think it would be wiser to avoid fully rural settings incase we need urgent assistance for whatever reason.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts as to whether or not you feel we are completely insane and misguided.

Thanks very much.

We're heading to China with our 2 year old in a few days. So we might be able to help you with the 2 year old in China part. But I don't think I can help you much with the teaching English part, but I'll ask around. PM, IM or email me if you would like.

• 3 weeks later...