Chinese-Forums

sensitive pen on bamboo on skritter

ianwat

Okay, from that screen I would say you are learning Ji 机 the first part of airport.

chang 场 is the other half of airport.

I am not sure how much you have learnt, but Chinese usually use two characters to make one word. One or the other character would mean the right thing but 2 are used for clarity.

Sorry if this is too basic, it may be that for some reason chang is not on your learning list or it is the next one in the list.

The blank in the sentence is for ji chang.

The sentence basically says "phone the airport and find out when the plane takes off."

If you notice the ji is darker than the chang, i suspect this is how you can tell which one you are learning.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

There is a pop up chinese dictionary available for firefox, i understand there is a similar thing for mac brower. This alows you to roll over characters and get translation.

If I roll over your chinese sentance in your screen grab it fills in the blanks. Interesting

A mac version might be helpful to you in general. The pc version I use is Perapera pop up dictionary.

Regarding Wacom tablet vs finger, I also prefer finger because of the immediate feedback you get from drawing on the screen.

I wouldn't buy a graphics tablet just for skritter if a touch-based option was available for you. I don't think it helps that much with fine motor skills any more than a finger because you'll still be make large strokes (relative to normal handwriting).

• Like 1