Chinese-Forums

Paid Internship in Beijing for Native English Speakers

Tianjin42

Through my work we learnt about a paid internship in Beijing supposed to be starting in September (but it seems there is some flexibility). We were asked to help a little so I thought I would put this up here as there may be some members who would find it useful. 

It is with a U.S. Pharmaceutical company but the role itself is more business/ corporate than science. The intern will receive an 8000 CNY allowance per month and will shadow one or more "executives". The executives typically have strong English but one of the duties the intern will perform is to assist the executives with their English. Interns will attend meetings and assist with reports - learning about the structure of the company and the channels of communication. 

Minimum time period is 6 months and from talking to the people involved I think there is a decent chance of a job if the internship goes well.

The client Requires:

Native English speakers;

Candidates who have graduated from university.

Would prefer:

Candidates with at least some Chinese language skill;

Candidates already in China (strong preference);

Candidates with pharma/ corporate background or interests

Feel free to contact if interested.

• Like 3

I'm going to be in Tianjin studying- would this be full time, or could i come after class finishes? I will be learning Mandarin, so it would give me an excellent way to practice what I've learnt, and I'd be happy to reduce the pay if this could be accommodated.

I have a GPA of 3.7, having studied History at the University of Liverpool, and I have previous experience in Marketing/ Market Research, but would be keen to take on other roles. If you're interested, please email me on robertjqpatterson@gmail.com

Thanks.