Chinese-Forums

From Harbin, where to exit China and reenter for tourist visa

James3

If you're in Harbin on a multi-entry tourist visa (whether it be 30, 60, or 90 day,) where do you go to exit the country and soon thereafter reenter?  Sounds like some go to Hong Kong, some fly to South Korea, any place else? Does anyone travel to Russia, just to exit China and immediately reenter? Or, maybe a Russian visa would be required for that. I'm planning a trip to Harbin, and may not be able to get a student visa, so just wondering what everyone else does.

Thanks Roddy. I did some searches before posting, but somehow missed that thread. Interesting. I guess that's an option after all, depending on how much it would cost, and how long it would be good for. It just seems like a long way to go, to travel all the way to Hong Kong just to exit and reenter. But then, I gather...that this is just a game that many of us play, who want to stay in China on a tourist visa.

If you're in Harbin on a multi-entry tourist visa (whether it be 30, 60, or 90 day,) where do you go to exit the country and soon thereafter reenter?

Basicly you can go wherever you want. But the answer depends on what's important for you (time/money or perhaps use it as an opportunity for a short vacation with it's own specific criteria.) and of course your personal situation/nationality.

Assuming you've a western nationality I would suspect South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong would be the most efficient. No visa hassle and probably reasonable priced flights. A short tour on a group visa might be worthwhile if you like a short break, but travelling overland takes a fair bit of time and by air I doubt it would work out economically compared to a return flight. 

• Like 1