Chinese-Forums

Graduated, interning, how to put on visa? (CIS Scholarship)

Huina

I have a CIS -semester scholarship. I'm not sure how to fill out my current occupation situation on the visa form. I graduated in 2013 and I've been doing non credit language study/ an internship at a nonprofit since. My JW202 says my occupation is student, but I'm not officially enrolled at a college/university. Should I mark student for consistency? If I mark that, do I write where I've been taking non credit classes? 

Edit: on my visa application I checked the box for multiple entries within 12 months, as I'd like to go to HK to see some family friends OR return home for a short visit. Is that ok? I'll be studying for 6-7 months. 

Just write student and put down your university as your employer.

As for multiple entries, you can write whatever you want, but just be aware they may not give you what you ask for (or they may tell you to change it when you are applying).

Shuoshup, thanks for being so helpful! You always answer everyone and that's really great. My semester is either six or seven months. Kinda ridiculous. My JW202 says my stay is from September to March, but my Scholarship says it's from September to February. I don't want to overstay a six month visa! It seems possible to mark more than one check box as a reason, and I intend to be a tourist too :) Because I would want to see some sights before another 15hr flight :)

In China, most of the schools end some time around mid/late January or early/mid February depending on the lunar calendar (it's usually some time before the Chinese new year.

Last year, my friends who were on the 1-semester scholarship converted their visa to a residence permit. So they were on their visa for the first 30 days. Then they added the short-term residence permit from October to the end of the semester. In your case, you can convert a residence permit from October to March that will give you a total of 7 months (30 days on the visa + 6 months on the short-term residence permit). The residence permit will allow you to enter and exit the country whenever you want.

That said, if the multiple entry 12-month visa is available in your country and you want to go for that, then you can always try to get it. This is actually no longer available in many countries. But I remember last year an applicant in this forum from the US was granted multiple entry visa. Although I can't remember if he was a one-semester or one-year student.

• Like 1

Thanks shuoshuo, I went to a travel agency to get it done (local chinese agency that does this stuff all the time) and they said that I have to wait to get my residence permit, otherwise I only have single entry.

I can't wait oh my gosh!