Chinese-Forums

具体

Pedroski

垃圾与垃圾回收

提倡低碳环保,最重要的是把它变成一种行为习惯、一种生活方式。

What is ' 具体 ' here? apply to?? 'specify' in the sense of direct, guide?? define?? Dictionary only gives specific or concrete. 在百度也找不到。

它可以..具体到 我们..日常生活的..方方面面, 垃圾回收就是其中之一。

It can apply to our daily life (all) aspects

Yep, that's the sentence, nothing missing. I put the text title and first sentence to give you a feeling for the context.

I think in 提倡低碳环保,最重要的是把它变成一种行为习惯、一种生活方式。

行为关系、生活方式 are not concrete things, but 具体 is quite literally 'have body', is real and solid in its meaning. 它 refers to '低碳环保‘ ’concretes' our lives, that is 'has concrete, real, solid, tangible applications' in our lives, so I am interpreting it so:

它可以..[具体]到 我们..日常生活的..方方面面, 垃圾回收就是其中之一。

It can [have concrete applications] to our daily life many aspects, waste recycling is among these one.

It can have concrete applications for many aspects of our daily lives, waste recycling is one among these.

如果可以得到中国人的观点,我将会很感激。

I forgot to say, the ..... I put in just to break up the words. It is not always easy to know which characters belong together, not for me anyway. Hope I got it right!

What about my English sentence, does it catch the meaning of the Chinese sentence correctly???

In Hongkong you speak 粤语 I believe. That's Chinese enough for me! My girlfriend comes from 江苏泰州。泰州话 is something else!

Pleco's Oxford Chinese Dictionary C-E (abbreviated as OCC) has the following entry under 具体.

B. Verb

[used with 到] apply to

改革必须具体到每个行业。

Reform must be implemented in every field.

I think then that a close translations could be:

它可以具体]到我们日常生活的方方面面, 垃圾回收就是其中之一。

It can apply to various aspects of our daily life, and waste recycling is indeed one of these.