Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Changing a student Visa into a multiple entries


Recommended Posts

  • New Members

Hello! I am studying abroad in Shanghai Sept-Dec on a 2 Entry China Student Visa. I have a med exam set up for Sept. 20 when I arrive, and plan to submit my application materials shortly after. However, I am traveling to Taiwan on Sept. 30 (using my second entry to re-enter).  


Will I be able to travel to Taiwan (be out of the country) while I am in the process of trying to get a multiple entries Visa?


Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to change your visa type at your embassy, you might have to re-apply for a visa. However, you can enter China on your current visa and then when you get there, convert it to a short-term residence permit. This will allow you to enter and exit China as often as you need to, without having to worry about how many times you have re-entered.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...