Chinese-Forums

visa related questions already studying in china

kazish

hi i am already studying in china for a bachelor course for 3 years so far,now i returned to my country for holidays but my resident permit is expiring soon,and i do not think that i can return in time to extend it,so what can i do,anyone please tell me the details and procedures i must follow that i can return to china and attend my studies again,thank you..

You really should have extended it before you left China.

You didn't mention what country you're in.

You should contact the embassy nearest to you ASAP and see if they can help you, however I'm not sure what paperwork you would need. If you go there to see them, bring as much paperwork as you can.

That definitely sounds like an option, however I'd first call the PSB of the city where your school is located and confirm with them first. The rules seem to vary a bit from place to place lately with the new rules.

In the future be sure to get the new visa before you leave, you can get it the next day in the right circumstances, of which I believe this would have been.

One of my concerns is that I could tell you yes, and if it was me I could do it. However, in your city and circumstances it could be totally different. So at this point do whatever you can to prepare and make sure you don't get stuck. Contact the right people to make sure.

That being said, if you were living in my city I'd give it a 99% chance of success if you were still an enrolled student, the school agreed to provide all the right paperwork and there was no other unknown unusual circumstances.

You'd better contact your university first. Ask them whether they can help convert L tourist visa into Residence permit for study without your leaving China mainland, after you come back to China. 

If they can NOT, you'd better apply for an X visa when you are in Bangladesh, instead of an L tourist visa. 

To apply for an X visa, your university need to provide again JW202 and Admission notice.

For more details, please refer to http://www.cn-visa.com/china_x_visa.asp