Chinese-Forums

typing chinese

mxtraveller

• New Members

Hello, I'm a Mexican lawyer who is interested in learning Chinese, doing so i've encountered problems when taking notes in my computer. I can't seem to find the name of the symbol that goes above some letters that looks like an upside down hat (like this: â, but the symbol goes upside down). I would love to know the name of this symbol and how to type it in my computer. for the letter i wrote i used alt code 131, so maybe there's another code for the symbol i'm looking for? thanks for your help

I used to just type the unicode character and press  ALT+ X to get the character. ALT+X toggles back and forth from the unicode to character.

e.g. in MS Word, type 01D2, highlight,  click ALT+X, you get ǒ. You can assign your own short cut key

But then I got fed up with that and wrote my own vba code to convert pinyin to tone marks do it, i.e similar to Imrons one. His is a much better though. Mine is just limited to VBA supported applications so a bit dopey